Christian Science is a Bible based religion with a focus on the life and teachings of Christ Jesus. It was founded by Mary Baker Eddy in 1866 who wrote our text book, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures which explains the scientific spiritual laws behind the teachings and healings of Christ Jesus. Her purpose in founding this religion was to “reinstate primitive Christianity and its lost element of healing.”
As Christian Scientists we believe in one infinite God who is all good and ever present. Along with our text book we take the inspired word of the Bible including Christ Jesus teachings to understand our relationship with God. With this understanding we learn how to pray effectively to resolve difficult challenges; health, relationships, employment, and other personal and global issues.
Our Core Beliefs:
- As adherents of Truth, we take the inspired Word of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life.
- We acknowledge and adore one supreme and infinite God. We acknowledge His Son, one Christ; the Holy Ghost or divine Comforter; and man in God’s image and likeness.
- We acknowledge God’s forgiveness of sin in the destruction of sin and the spiritual understanding that casts out evil as unreal. But the belief in sin is punished so long as the belief lasts.
- We acknowledge Jesus’ atonement as the evidence of divine, efficacious Love, unfolding man’s unity with God through Christ Jesus the Way-shower; and we acknowledge that man is saved through Christ through Truth, Life, and Love as demonstrated by the Galilean Prophet in healing the sick and overcoming sin and death.
- We acknowledge that the crucifixion of Jesus and his resurrection served to uplift faith to understand eternal Life, even the allness of Soul, Spirit, and the nothingness of matter.
- And we solemnly promise to watch, and pray for that Mind to be in us which was also in Christ Jesus; to do unto others as we would have them do unto us; and to be merciful, just, and pure.
Related sites to explore