First Church of Christ, Scientist, Winter Park, is excited that the construction of our wonderful new edifice is almost complete. We will soon be moving into our new church home! Our first service in the new space will be Wednesday, August 28, 7:30 pm. The dedication of the new edifice will be celebrated with several events in September:
- Saturday, September 7, 2019, 3:00 pm – Christian Science Lecture
- “Time is not a factor in your life” by David Hohle, C.S.B.
- Sunday, September 8, 2019
- 10:00 am – Church Service, celebrating our dedication
- 10:00 am – Sunday School, for children and young adults
- 3:00 pm – Church Service, celebrating our dedication
- 4:15 pm – Reading Room Open House
- Saturday, September 14, 2019, 7:30 pm – Hymn Sing
- Saturday, September 21, 2019, 7:30 pm – Organ Recital
We welcome everyone to join us at any of these activities.
Christian Science is a Christian denomination based on the Bible, and the life and teachings of Christ Jesus are at the heart and soul of its practice. Christian Science was discovered in 1866 by Mary Baker Eddy, and the church is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Christian Science and its healing ministry rest entirely on the affirmation from the Bible that “God is love.”
We invite our extended church family to join us at our temporary location at Orange Technical College, 901 W Webster Ave, Winter Park, FL. Sunday services begin at 10:00 AM and the Wednesday evening testimony meetings at 7:00 PM. Use the parking lot off of Denning Dr and walk through Gate 4. Our public Reading Room at 322 N Park Ave has remained open as a community resource throughout the redevelopment process. We look forward to seeing you at our services and Reading Room, then welcoming everyone to our new church home in September!